Here is an update on Hennepin County projects. A number of things have been added in maintenance and permits. Nothing major or during the weekend. The most significant weekend closure is still on I-35W between I-94 and Highway 280 for the 5th Street bridge demolition.
The region has many events this weekend including Pride, the Women’s PGA Championship, Back to the 50s, the Lynx, Summer Skolstice, the Uptown Food Truck Festival and several concerts in Minneapolis and St. Paul. You can get real-time traffic updates on www.511mn.org. The project web page is here: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
Please plan ahead and give yourself lots of time to reach your destinations. All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
Closures of note this weekend:
· I-35W is closed 10 p.m. Friday, June 21 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 24 between I-94 and Highway 280 for removal of the 5th Street bridge.
· Highway 55 west at intersection of Medicine Lake Drive from 7 p.m. Friday, June 21 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 24.
· 15th Street is closed between Portland Avenue and 4th Avenue until mid-July. See attachment for suggested Pride-related routes.
Closures by project:
· I-35W south will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Thursday, June 20; and Monday, June 24 and Tuesday, June 25 between I-94 and Highway 62. (The closure Friday, June 21 has been canceled.)
· I-35W is closed in both directions 10 p.m. Thursday, June 20 and 5 a.m. Friday, June 21 between I-94 and Highway 62.
· The access from I-35W north to 5th Avenue, East Grant and 11th is closed 9 p.m. Thursday, June 20 to 5 a.m. Friday, June 21.
· The 28th Street bridge is open.
· The ramp from I-35W south to 46th Street is closed until mid-July.
· Please visit the web page for local Minneapolis road closures. (15th Street closed from Portland Avenue to 4th Avenue until mid-July)
· Park and Portland restriping: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily June 24-26. Watch for parking restrictions and lane closures between 18th and 29th Streets. (see attachment for details)
· Weekend closure: I-35W is closed in both directions from 10 p.m. Friday, June 28 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 1 between Highway 62 and I-94.
· I-94 east will be closed 10 p.m. Monday, July 1 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, July 2 between I-394 and I-35W.
· I-35W south will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily July 8 and 9 between I-94 and Highway 62.
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
I-94 Highway 280 to Western Ave. http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94-stpaul-resurfacing/
· Weekend closure: I-94 west is closed at 10 p.m. Friday, June 28 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 1 between I-35E and Highway 280 for resurfacing. Ramps start closing at 8 p.m.
o Detour from the south: I-94 to Hwy 280 to I-35W
o Detour from the north: Hwy 280 to I-94 to I-35W
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
· The 5th Street pedestrian bridge over I-35W closed June 17 until August.
· Weekend closure: I-35W is closed from 10 p.m. Friday, June 21 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 24 between I-94 and Highway 280.
· The ramp from 4th Street to I-35W north is closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, June 21.
France Ave Bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy62andfranceavebridge/
No closures except for the bridge and northside ramps.
Highway 55 http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy55safetyimprovements2018/
· The intersection of Highway 55 west at Medicine Lake Drive is closed from 7 p.m. Friday, June 21 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 24.
· The intersection of Highway 55 west at Medicine Lake Drive is closed from 7 p.m. Friday, June 28 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 1.
Central Avenue bridge over Highway 12 Wayzata http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/
Upcoming: The Central Avenue/County Road 101 bridge will close at 10 p.m. June 28 for four months. See web page for detours.
Highway 77, I-494 bridge maintenance
Crews are doing preventative maintenance on bridges on Highway 77 and I-494 near the Mall of America. Rain has extended the timeframe to Friday, June 21. The ramps to the bridges will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. It is difficult to know what nights the bridges will be closed because it’s based on the contractor’s availability. They will not be closed at the same time. Motorists will want to check www.511mn.org and watch the closure signs on the highway. Access to Highway 77 north will be maintained at Killebrew Drive and access to southbound Highway 77 will be maintained at Lindau Lane. Each ramp will be closed one night and then reopened and the closed again two or three days later.
Here are the affected ramps:
· Ramp from Highway 77 south to Killebrew Drive
· Ramp from Lindau Lane to Highway 77 north
· Ramp from I-494 east to Killebrew Drive
· Ramp from Killebrew Drive to Highway 77 south.
· Ramp from collector lane to I-494 west
· Ramp from collector lane to Highway 77 north
I-35W Noise walls Bloomington http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/noisewallrepairs2018/
· The ramp from I-35W south to 90th St. is closed until Wednesday, July 3.
MnDOT maintenance and permits:
Projects by other jurisdictions affecting MnDOT highways and ramps:
· The left lane of I-394 is closed at Louisiana Avenue from 9-11 a.m. Friday, June 21 for pipe work.
Highway 12 at Carson Parkway
· The ramps from Highway 12 east and west to Carlson Parkway are closed from 6 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 22. Use I-494 to access Carlson Parkway. This is for resurfacing.
· The right lane and right shoulder of Highway 169 are closed 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily June 25-27 between Dayton Road and Ferry Parkway.
I-494 and Rockford Road bridge (City of Plymouth project) https://www.plymouthmn.gov/departments/public-works/project-spotlight/street-projects/county-road-9-bridge-over-i-494
· The ramp from I-494 south to Rockford Road is closed until June 28.
· The ramp from Rockford Road to I-494 north is closed until June 28.
Brooklyn Blvd. at Highway 100 (City of Brooklyn Center project) http://www.cityofbrooklyncenter.org/index.aspx?NID=1190
· The ramp from Highway 100 to Brooklyn Boulevard is closed until 9 a.m. Thursday July 18. This is for reconstruction of Brooklyn Boulevard.
Highway 55 (Hiawatha) to Lake Street ramp (City of Minneapolis project) http://www.minneapolismn.gov/cip/currentprojects/hiawatha-trail-gap
· The ramp from Highway 55 north to East Lake Street is closed until 3 p.m. Thursday, July 31.
Highway 212/I-494 (Southwest Light Rail) https://metrocouncil.org/transportation/projects/current-projects/southwest-lrt.aspx
· The ramp from Highway 212 east to I-494 east is closed from midnight to 5 a.m. Friday, June 21.
Events: Please feel free to attend these project-related events
Ames, Lunda, Shafer Career Fair
Friday, June 21
8 a.m. to noon
Sabathani Community Center, 310 E. 38th St. Minneapolis
Sips and Scoops:
Thursday, June 27
La Michoacana Purépecha Ice Cream Shop, 701 E. Lake Street, Minneapolis
Please let me know if you have any questions.