We had a few timing changes for some upcoming closures. They are highlight below. Also, some ramps have been added to Highway 77 and I-494 preventative maintenance work.
All closures and openings are weather permitting and subject to change. Please check the project web page http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/ and www.511mn.org for real-time updates.
Please plan ahead and give yourself extra time. On closures, ramps usually close about an hour before the freeway.
For info on other projects, see the email that was sent Tuesday afternoon.
Please note, the schedule for the I-35W@94 projects has some changes from last week. Here is the latest:
· This is a change: The access to 11th Street and East Grant Street from I-35W north is closed from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily June 10-13.
· This is a change: I-94 west is closed daily from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Thursday, June 6 and 10 p.m. Friday, June 7 to 7 a.m. Saturday, June 7 between I-35W and I-394.
· I-94 east will have lane closures from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 8 near the Portland Tunnel.
· I-35W south is closed from 10 p.m. Sunday, June 9 to 5 a.m. Monday June 10 between I-94 to Highway 62.
· The left lane of I-35W north is closed from 10 p.m. Sunday, June 9 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 10 between Highway 62 and I-94.
· I-94 east is closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, June 10 and Tuesday, June 11 from I-394 to I-35W.
· The ramp from I-35W south to 46th Street is closed starting at 6 a.m. June 10 for about a month.
· Please visit the web page for local road closures.
· Weekend closure: I-94 east is closed from 10 p.m. Friday, June 14 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 17 between I-394 to I-35W.
· I-35W is closed in both directions 10 p.m. Wednesday, June 19 to 5 a.m. Thursday June 20 between I-94 and Highway 62.
· I-35W south will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily June 19-23 between Highway 62 and I-94.
· Weekend closure: I-35W is closed from 10 p.m. Friday, June 28 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 1 between Highway 62 and I-94.
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
I-94 Highway 280 to Western Ave. http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94-stpaul-resurfacing/
· Weekend closure: I-94 west is closed at 10 p.m. Friday, June 7 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 10 between I-35E and Highway 280 for resurfacing. Check web page for detour.
· Weekend closure: I-94 west is closed at 10 p.m. Friday, June 14 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 17 between I-35E and Highway 280 for resurfacing.
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
· Weekend closure: I-35W is closed from 10 p.m. Friday, June 21 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 24 between I-94 and Highway 280.
Highway 77, I-494 bridge maintenance
Crews will be doing preventative maintenance on bridges on Highway 77 and I-494 near the Mall of America June 4-14. The ramps to the bridges will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. It is difficult to know what nights the bridges will be closed because it’s based on the contractor’s availability. They will not be closed at the same time. Motorists will want to check www.511mn.org and watch the closure signs on the highway. Access to Highway 77 north will be maintained at Killebrew Drive and access to southbound Highway 77 will be maintained at Lindau Lane. Each ramp will be closed one night and then reopened and the closed again two or three days later.
Here are the affected ramps:
· Ramp from Highway 77 south to Lindau Lane
· Ramp from Lindau Lane to Highway 77 north
· Ramp from I-494 east to Lindau Lane
· Ramp from Killebrew Drive to Highway 77 south.
· New: Ramp from collector lane to Highway 77 north
· New: Ramp from collector lane to I-494 west.
Please let me know if you have questions.