Here is an update for the I-35W@94 project email list. Please visit the project web pages and www.511mn.org for real-time traffic updates.
All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
· New I-94 east is closed between I-394 and I-35W from 10 p.m. Sunday, July 26 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 27.
· Please visit the web page for local street closures.
Other MnDOT projects in Hennepin County:
Around The Airport www.aroundtheairport.com
· New The ramp from I-494 west to 34th Avenue is closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, July 23.
· Highway 5 east is closed between I-494 and Davern St. in St Paul through early August.
Ramp closures through early August:
· Highway 62 west to/from Highway 5 west
· Highway 5 west to Highway 62 east
· Highway 5 west to Bloomington Road
· Highway 62 west to Bloomington Road
· Sheppard Road to Highway 5 west
· New I-494 east is closed between I-35W east and the Minnesota River Friday, Aug. 7 to Mon, Aug. 10
· New I-494 east is closed between I-35W east and the Minnesota River Friday, Aug. 14 to Mon, Aug. 17
· Please check the web page for long-term ramp closures and detours.
I-394 Dunwoody Bridge Minneapolis
· New I-394 west is closed from 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, July 28 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 29 between I-94 and Highway 100.
· New I-394 east is closed from 11:59 p.m. Thursday, July 30 to 5 a.m. Friday, July 31 between I-94 and Highway 100.
I-94 Nicollet to Highway 280 resurfacing http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/schedule.html
· I-94 east is closed between I-35W and Highway 280 July 31-Aug. 2
· I-94 west is closed between Highway 280 to I-35W Aug. 7-10
· I-94 is closed in both directions between the I-394 and I-35W Aug 14-17.
Highway 55 over Luce Line Trail Plymouth http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy55bridge-plymouth/index.html
· Highway 55 west is reduced to a single lane at the bridge over the Luce Line Trail through August. Watch for flaggers and delays.
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
· New I-94 east is reduced to two lanes between I-94/494/694 and Highway 101 from 8 p.m. Friday, July 24 to 5 a.m. Saturday, July 25.
· New The ramp from I-94 east to Weaver Lake Road is closed 8 p.m. Friday, July 24 and 9 a.m. Saturday, July 25
· New The ramp from I-94 east to Highway 610 is closed 8 p.m. Friday, July 24 and 9 a.m. Saturday, July 25
· The ramp from Maple Grove Parkway to I-94 east is closed through Sunday, July 26.
o Detour: Maple Grove Parkway to 93rd Ave. to Elm Creek Blvd. to Weaver Lake Road to I-94 east
· The ramp from I-94 east to Maple Grove Parkway is closed through Sunday, July 26.
o Detour: I-94 east to Highway 610 east to Maple Grove Parkway
· Please visit web page for closures between St. Michael and Clearwater
Third Avenue bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy65andthirdavebridge/
· The Third Avenue bridge in Minneapolis will be reduced to one lane in each direction with a transit lane and lanes for walkers and bikers through Dec. 31.
· The Third Avenue Bridge is closed 8 p.m. Friday, July 31 to 5 a.m. Monday Aug. 3
· The Third Avenue bridge is closed January 2021 through November 2022.
Highway 100 St. Louis Park
· New The ramp from Highway 100 south to Excelsior Boulevard is closed from 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 22 to 6 a.m. Thursday, July 23.
Highway 169 St. Louis Park
· New Highway 169 north is reduced to one lane between Cedar Lake Road and Medicine Lake Road from 9 p.m. Tuesday, July 28 to 4 a.m. Wednesday, July 29.
Highway 62 Edina
· New Highway 62 west is reduced to one lane between I-494 and Shady Oak Road from 9 p.m. Wednesday, July 29 to 4 a.m. Thursday, July 30.
· New The ramp from Highway 7 east to I-494 south is closed from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, July 25.
· New The ramp from I-494 north to Highway 7 west is closed from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, July 25.
New The ramp from Highway 62 west to Highway 169 south is closed from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, July 25.
New The ramp from I-35W north to 3rd Street is closed 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, July 23.
Other projects on MnDOT Highways:
Metro Transit Orange Line https://www.metrotransit.org/orangeline
· The ramp from I-35W south to I-494 west is closed through September
Detour: Highway 62 west to Highway 100 south.
· The ramp from I-494 west to Flying Cloud Drive is closed through 6 a.m. Oct. 16.
· New I-494 is reduced to one lane in each direction between Highway 169 and Valley View Road 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily July 22, 23, 24 and 25.
Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement