Here is an update for the I-35W@94 project email list. I-394 closes overnight Tuesday. Work starts on a Highway 55 bridge in Plymouth. See details below. Please visit the project web pages and www.511mn.org for real-time traffic updates.
All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
· The ramp from 46th Street to I-35W north is closed through September 2021.
· The ramp from I-35W north to 36th Street is closed through September 2021.
· New I-35W south is closed between I-94 and Highway 62 from 10 p.m. Monday, July 13 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, July 14
· New I-35W north is closed between Highway 62 and I-94 from 10 p.m. Tuesday, July 14 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 15.
· Please visit the web page for local street closures.
Other MnDOT projects in Hennepin County:
Around The Airport www.aroundtheairport.com
· Highway 5 east is closed between I-494 and Davern St. in St Paul through July.
Ramp closures through early August:
· Highway 62 west to/from Highway 5 west
· Highway 5 west to Highway 62 east
· Highway 5 west to Bloomington Road
· Highway 62 west to Bloomington Road
· Sheppard Road to Highway 5 west
· Please check the web page for long-term ramp closures and detours.
I-394 Dunwoody Bridge Minneapolis
· Update I-394 east is closed from 10 p.m. Tuesday, July 7 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 8 between Highway 100 and I-94. Detour: HOV lane.
I-94 Nicollet to Highway 280 resurfacing http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/schedule.html
· I-94 east is closed between I-35W and Highway 280 July 31-Aug. 2
· I-94 west is closed between Highway 280 to I-35W Aug. 7-10
· I-94 is closed in both directions between the I-394 and I-35W Aug 14-17.
Highway 55 over Luce Line Trail Plymouth http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy55bridge-plymouth/index.html (Fact sheet attached)
· Highway 55 west is reduced to a single lane starting Tuesday, July 7 through August. Watch for flaggers and delays.
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
· The ramp from Maple Grove Parkway to I-94 east is closed through Sunday, July 26.
o Detour: Maple Grove Parkway to 93rd Ave. to Elm Creek Blvd. to Weaver Lake Road to I-94 east
· The ramp from I-94 east to Maple Grove Parkway is closed through Sunday, July 26.
o Detour: I-94 east to Highway 610 east to Maple Grove Parkway
· Please visit web page for closures between St. Michael and Clearwater
Third Avenue bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy65andthirdavebridge/
· The Third Avenue bridge in Minneapolis will be reduced to one lane in each direction with a transit lane and lanes for walkers and bikers through Dec. 31.
· The Third Avenue bridge is closed January 2021 through November 2022.
I-494 France Ave. bridge Bloomington
· The ramp from I-494 east to France Avenue is closed through Tuesday, July 7
· The ramp from southbound France Avenue to I-494 west is closed through Tuesday, July 7.
· The loop ramp from southbound France Avenue to I-494 east is closed through Tuesday, July 7.
· I-35W is reduced to two lanes in both directions between 76th and 86th streets through Aug. 31.
Other projects on MnDOT Highways:
Metro Transit Orange Line https://www.metrotransit.org/orangeline
· The ramp from I-35W south to I-494 west is closed through September
Detour: Highway 62 west to Highway 100 south.
· The ramp from I-494 west to Flying Cloud Drive is closed through 6 a.m. Oct. 16.
· New I-494 is closed in both directions between Highway 169 and Highway 212 from 10 p.m. July 16 to 5 a.m. July 17.
Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Have a great July 4 holiday.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement