Here is an update for the I-35W@94 project email list. Please note that I-35W north is closed between Highway 62 and I-94 overnight Tuesday for the I-35@94 project. The ramp from I-94 west to Hennepin/Lyndale is closed overnight Thursday to hang signs. Details are below. I have included some other projects in Hennepin County.
Please visit the project web pages and www.511mn.org for real-time traffic updates.
All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
· NEW I-35W north is closed in both directions between Highway 62 and I-94 from 10 p.m. Tuesday, June 9 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, June 10.
· Please visit the web page for local street closures.
· I-35W is closed in both directions between Highway 62 and I-94 June 26-29.
Other MnDOT projects in Hennepin County:
Around The Airport www.aroundtheairport.com
· Highway 5 east is closed between I-494 and Davern St. in St Paul until mid-July.
· The ramp from 34th Avenue to I-494 east is closed until Tuesday, June 9
· Check the web page for long-term ramp closures and detours.
Please see the web page for long-term closures detours.
I-494 South St. Paul to Mendota Heights http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i494invergroveheights/
- The ramp from I-494 west to Pilot Knob Road is closed through 5 a.m. Thursday, June 19
- The ramp from Pilot Knob Road to I-494 west is closed through 5 a.m. Thursday, June 19.
- Detour: EB I-494 to NB I-35E loop ramp to WB I-494
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
- NEW I-94 west is reduced to two lanes between the I-94/494/694 interchange and Highway 101 from 2-10 a.m. Tuesday, June 9.
· NEW I-94 east is reduced to two lanes between Highway 610 and I-94/494/694 interchange from 10 a.m.to 2 a.m. Tuesday, June 9
- Access to the local lane and ramps will remain open
· The ramp from Maple Grove Parkway to I-94 east is closed Monday., June 15 to Sunday, July 26.
o Detour: Maple Grove Pkwy. to 93rd Ave. to Elm Creek Blvd. to Weaver Lake Rd. to EB I-94
· The ramp from I-94 east to Maple Grove Parkway is closed Mon, June 15 to Sunday, July 26.
o Detour: EB I-94 to EB Hwy 610 to Maple Grove Pkwy.
Highway 12 County Road 101 bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/index.html
No closures scheduled.
I-394 Dunwoody Bridge Minneapolis
· UPDATE I-394 east is closed from 10 p.m. Wednesday, June 17 to 5 a.m. Thursday, June 18 between Highway 100 and I-94. Detour: HOV lane.
Third Avenue bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy65andthirdavebridge/
· The Third Avenue bridge in Minneapolis will be reduced to one lane in each direction with a transit lane and lanes for walkers and bikers through Dec. 31.
· The Third Avenue bridge is closed January 2021 through November 2022.
I-494 France Ave. bridge Edina
· The ramps from France Avenue North to I-494 east and I-494 west is closed June 10 through June 19.
· NEW The ramp from I-394 east to I-494 north is closed from 9 p.m. Wednesday, June 10 to 6 a.m. Thursday June 11
· NEW I-494 north is reduced to two lanes between I-394 and Chesire Lane from 9 p.m. Wednesday, June 10 to 6 a.m. Thursday, June 11.
· NEW The ramp from I-94 west Hennepin/Lyndale is closed from 10 p.m. Thursday, June 11 to 5 a.m. Friday, June 12.
Highway 100 Golden Valley
· Highway 100 north is reduced to one lane between Glenwood and Duluth Street from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 9.
· I-35W is reduced to two lanes in both directions between 76th and 86th streets through Aug. 31.
Other projects on MnDOT Highways:
Metro Transit Orange Line https://www.metrotransit.org/orangeline
· The ramp from I-35W south to I-494 west is closed through September
Detour: Highway 62 west to Highway 100 south.
· The ramp from I-494 west to Flying Cloud Drive is closed through 6 a.m. Oct. 16.
· NEW The ramp from I-35W south is closed from 9 p.m. Tuesday, June 9 to 4 a.m. Wednesday, June 10.
Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement