Midtown Greenway closure May 12-13
As work continues on the new northbound I-35W bridge over the Midtown Greenway, crews are almost ready to begin working on the bridge deck. To get some of the decking installed, the Midtown Greenway will be closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tue, May 12 and Wed, May 13. The detour routes include:
- Westbound bicyclists: Northbound 5th Ave. to westbound 26th St. to southbound Blaisdell Ave. to eastbound 29th St.
- Eastbound bicyclists: Northbound Nicollet Ave. to eastbound 28th St. to southbound 5th Ave.
- Pedestrians: Nicollet Ave., 28th St. and 5th Ave.
Connect with the 35W@94: Downtown to Crosstown project from home
While Minnesotans stay home, you can still connect with the 35W@94 project. Explore the project corridor through a virtual self-guided tour, watch a drone flight to see construction progress, read the project blog or download an activity book to do yourself or with kids. Be sure to view all eight stops on the online self-guided tour to learn about the history of I-35W, project benefits and construction features like the huge water storage tanks being constructed under the road. Each stop along the tour features artwork created by students from local schools.
Start exploring today: Virtual Self-Guided Tour.
Please drive safely through work zones:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times
All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
MnDOT road work has been identified as a critical service in Governor Walz’s Stay at Home executive order and will continue. We are working to be as flexible as possible with scheduling during this period of lower traffic volumes to keep projects moving forward in a timely manner. Following guidance from state health officials and to prevent further spread of COVID-19, crews will maintain social distancing practices while working.
More about this project
To learn more, including all current traffic impacts and detour routes, visit the project website at: mndot.gov/35w94.
For more information regarding the Lake St. reconstruction visit: mndot.gov/35w94/lakestreet.html.
Metro Transit bus routes will be impacted as a result of construction. For updated route information, and to sign up for Rider Alerts, visit: metrotransit.org/35W.
Minnesota Valley Transit Authority routes will be impacted as a result of construction. For updated route information, visit: mvta.com.
- Follow us on Facebook: info
- Call the project hotline at: 612-284-6125
- Visit the project blog: blog.35wat94.com
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit 511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.