I have an update for the I-35W@94 project email list. I have included some other projects in Hennepin County, including Around the Airport on Highway 5 and I-494.
Please visit the project web pages and www.511mn.org for real-time traffic updates.
All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
Here is the update:
· Canceled I-35W in both directions is closed between Hwy 62 and I-94 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly Monday, May 4 through Friday, May 8.
· Please visit the web page for local street closures.
Other MnDOT projects in Hennepin County:
Around The Airport www.aroundtheairport.com
· Highway 5 east is closed between I-494 and Davern St. in St Paul until mid-July.
· NEW I-494 east is reduced to two lanes between Highway 5 and 34th Avenue from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, May 7 and Monday, May 11 and Tuesday, May 12.
· Check the web page for ramp closures and detours.
· Check the web page for a local road closure on Bloomington Road.
Please see the web page for long-term closures.
I-494 South St. Paul to Mendota Heights http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i494invergroveheights/
· I-494 west is reduced to two lanes between Dodd Road and Highway 55 through June 1.
· The ramp from I-35E north to I-494 west is closed through June 1.
· The ramp from I-494 west to I-35E south is closed through May 11.
· Check web page for other closures.
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
· Watch for lane closures on I-94 east between the I-94/494/694 interchange and Hwy 101 through Tuesday, May 12.
o No lane closures will occur between 6-10 a.m. on I-94 east and 3-7 p.m. on I-94 west.
· Check out the web page for local road closures and I-94 closures between Rogers and Clearwater.
Rockford Road bridge over Highway 169 (New Hope, Plymouth)
· The Rockford Road bridge is reduced to one lane in each direction 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily; Monday, May 11-May 25
· The ramp from Highway 169 south to Rockford Road is closed 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily: Monday, May 11 to Monday, May 25.
· The ramp from Rockford Road to Highway 169 north is closed 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily: Monday, May 11 to Monday, May 25.
I-394 Dunwoody Bridge Minneapolis
· CLOSURE I-394 east is closed between Highway 100 and I-94 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Thursday, May 14
o Traffic will be detoured to the HOV lane.
Third Avenue bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy65andthirdavebridge/
· Full closure: The Third Avenue bridge is closed between First Street and Second Street Friday, May 15 to Monday, May 18.
o Detour: Hennepin Avenue and Washington Avenue.
· The Third Avenue bridge in Minneapolis will be reduced to one lane in each direction with a transit lane and lanes for walkers and bikers May 18 through Dec. 31.
· The Third Avenue bridge is closed January 2021 through November 2022.
· NEW The ramp from I-494 west to Nicollet Avenue is closed 9 a.m. to noon Friday, May 8.
· I-35W is reduced to two lanes in both directions between 76th and 86th streets through Aug. 31.
· Watch for reduced lanes on I-494 in both directions nightly through Aug. 31.
Other projects on MnDOT Highways:
Metro Transit Orange Line https://www.metrotransit.org/orangeline
· The ramp from I-35W south to I-494 west is closed through September
Detour: Highway 62 west to Highway 100 south.
· NEW I-494 west is reduced to one lane between I-35W and Penn Avenue; 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily through, Friday, May 8.
· The ramp from I-494 west to Flying Cloud Road is reduced to one lane.
· The ramp from Highway 212 east to Valley View Road is closed 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 6 and Thursday, May 7.
· NEW Highway 100 south is reduced to one lane between Excelsior Blvd and Minnetonka Blvd in St. Louis Park 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, May 7,
· NEW The ramps from Highway 7 to Highway 100 south are closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 9.
· NEW The ramp from I-494 west to Flying Cloud Drive is closed from 8 p.m. Thursday, May 7 to 6 a.m. Oct. 16.
MnDOT road work has been identified as a critical service in Gov. Tim Walz’s Stay at Home executive order. We are being as flexible as possible with schedules during this period of lower traffic volumes to keep projects moving forward and minimize the impact to motorists. Following guidance from state and federal health officials, and to prevent further spread of COVID-19, crews will maintain social distancing practices while working.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement