Eight advisory committees are now accepting applications
Applications for 2020 appointments are due Wednesday, December 18, 2019
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) Board of Commissioners is seeking applications for appointments to eight ongoing community advisory committees:
- St. Anthony Falls Heritage Board (one appointee) to begin serving immediately after appointment on January 2, 2020
- Minneapolis Tree Advisory Committee (five appointees) to begin serving immediately after appointment on January 2, 2020
- Racial Equity Community Advisory Committee (one appointee) to begin serving immediately. The appointee may continue serving on the Committee for a two year term commencing on July 1, 2020, if interested.
- Glyphosate Technical Advisory Committee (three appointees) to begin serving immediately, the term will end on November 30, 2020
- Neighborhood & Community Engagement Committee (one appointee) to begin serving on July 1, 2020
- HomeGrown (one appointee) – to begin serving immediately after appointment on January 2, 2020
- Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee (three appointees) – to begin serving on July 1, 2020
- Pedestrian Advisory Committee (one appointee) – to begin serving on July 1, 2020
Service commitment may vary based upon needs, expectations and policy goals. However, most advisory committee members can expect to approximately 10-15 hours of work per month. Most terms are two years and all board and commission members are not subject to term limits.
Some Boards/Commissions have a need for specialized skills, but most people will find a Board or Commission that is a great fit for their knowledge base. Public members of Board and Commissions are people who may not have regular, ongoing experience in a specific topic area, but have a general interest in a Board or Commission’s work area. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about an area of interest and contribute a perspective that is fresh and unique to the service area.
Applications must be received no later than 4 p.m., Wednesday, December 18, 2019. Following submission, applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of the application and describing the general process for appointment. Appointments for open positions will be made at the January 2, 2020 business meeting of the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board. For a full description of each committee and to complete the application please visit: https://www.minneapolisparks.org/abca.
Applicants with questions about the appointments process should email their questions to board.appointments or contact Radious Guess at 612-230-6419.
Please click here to sign up to be notified of all advisory committee opportunities.
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
Community Outreach, Equity and Inclusion Manager