We have added a full overnight closure of I-35W south to Sunday so crews can prepare the area for winter with new striping and safety features. Please see below for details.
Please check www.511mn.org for real-time updates and a broader picture of metro area closures. Also, visit the project web pages. All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
Here is the list with highlighted updates:
· NEW I-35W south is closed between I-94 and Highway 62 from 10 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 18.
· I-94 east will be reduced to one lane between I-394 and I-35W from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16. This is to stripe near the Portland Avenue tunnel.
· Updated The ramp from I-35W north to 31st Street is closed until 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15.
Please visit the web page for local Minneapolis street closures.
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
I-94 Minneapolis 22nd and 25th Avenue bridges http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94and25thavebridge
· The 22nd Avenue pedestrian bridge is fully open.
· The 25th Avenue bridge is fully open.
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
· Watch for overnight lane closures of I-94 in both directions starting at 7 p.m. and ending at noon westbound between Maple Grove and Rogers.
· Watch for overnight lane closures on I-94 east between I-494 and Highway 241 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. through November.
· I-94 east is reduced to one lane along the median between Wright County Road 19 and Highway 241 in St. Michael 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through November.
· I-94 west is reduced to one lane along the median or shoulder between Highway 241 in St. Michael and Wright County Road 19 in Albertville through November, Monday through Fridays.
· I-94 east between Highway 25 and Wright County Road 8 will be reduced to one lane from 6 p.m. to noon nightly through November.
· I-94 west between Wright County Road 8 and Highway 25 will be reduced to one lane from 5 p.m. to 10 a.m. through November.
· Central Avenue bridge over Highway 12 Wayzata http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/
· The Central Avenue/County Road 101 bridge is closed through Nov. 17. See web page for detours.
· The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 south is closed through Nov. 17.
· The ramp from Highway 12 east to County Road 101 south is closed through Nov. 17.
· Watch for single-lane closures at the bridge.
Highway 12 Maple Plain to Delano
· Watch for flaggers and traffic delays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays and weekends through Nov. 20 as crews install flexible rubber safety poles in the center of Highway 12. The work is between County Road 90 and County Line Road in Delano.
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge Minneapolis http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
· The 5th Street pedestrian bridge over I-35W is open. However, the project is not complete.
· The ramp from University Avenue to I-35W south is closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Tuesday, Nov. 12 through Friday, Nov. 15 for repairs to the bridge anti-icing system.
· I-94 east will be reduced to two lanes between Groveland Avenue and the Lowry Tunnel from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily Wednesday, Nov. 13 to Saturday, Nov. 16.
Projects by other jurisdictions affecting MnDOT highways and ramps:
I-494 and Rockford Road bridge (City of Plymouth project) https://www.plymouthmn.gov/departments/public-works/project-spotlight/street-projects/county-road-9-bridge-over-i-494
· The Rockford Road bridge over I-494 is open. Construction work will be done by Nov. 20.
I-494 / Highway 100/62/212 (Southwest Light rail) https://metrocouncil.org/transportation/projects/current-projects/southwest-lrt.aspx
· Weekend closure Highway 62 west is closed between Highway 169 and I-494 from 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 18. Detour: Highway 212 to I-494.
· NEW The ramp from Valley View Road/Flying Cloud Drive to Highway 212 east is closed Sunday, Nov. 17. The exact time is not set but the closure will happen during daylight hours.
I-494 Bloomington/Richfield(Orange Line) https://www.metrotransit.org/metro-orange-line
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement