Here is an update for the I-35W@94 project. Work continues but we have no full highway closures planned. I have some updates on other projects for those interested.
Reminder: I-94 will be closed in both directions tonight and Wednesday from 10 p.m. to 5/6 a.m. while crews install the 22nd Avenue bridge. See below for details. MnDOT has canceled the planned closured Nov. 8-11.
Please check www.511mn.org for real-time updates and a broader picture of metro area closures. Also, visit the project web page. All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
Here is the list with highlighted updates:
· No highway closures scheduled
Please visit the web page for local Minneapolis street closures.
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
I-94 Minneapolis 22nd and 25th Avenue bridges http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94and25thavebridge
· NEW I-94 is closed in both directions between Highway 280 and I-35W from 10 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6 Detour: I-35E, Highway 36 and I-35W
· I-94 is closed in both directions between Highway 280 and I-35W from 10 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6 to 6 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 7. Detour: I-35E, Highway 36 and I-35W
· NEW The 22nd Avenue bridge is schedule to open in mid-November.
· The work on the 25th Avenue bridge is complete.
· Canceled I-94 is closed in both directions between I-35W and Highway 280 from 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11.
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
· Watch for overnight lane closures of I-94 in both directions starting at 7 p.m. and ending at noon westbound between Maple Grove and Rogers.
· Watch for overnight lane closures on I-94 east between I-494 and Highway 241 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. through November.
· I-94 east is reduced to one lane along the median between Wright County Road 19 and Highway 241 in St. Michael 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through November.
· I-94 west is reduced to one lane along the median or shoulder between Highway 241 in St. Michael and Wright County Road 19 in Albertville through November, Monday through Fridays.
· I-94 east between Highway 25 and Wright County Road 8 will be reduced to one lane from 6 p.m. to noon nightly through November.
· I-94 west between Wright County Road 8 and Highway 25 will be reduced to one lane from 5 p.m. to 10 a.m. through November.
· Central Avenue bridge over Highway 12 Wayzata http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/
· Update The Central Avenue/County Road 101 bridge is closed through Nov. 17. See web page for detours.
· The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 south is closed through mid-November
· The ramp from Highway 12 east to County Road 101 south is closed through mid-November
· Watch for single-lane closures at the bridge.
Highway 12 Maple Plain to Delano
· Watch for flaggers and traffic delays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays and weekends as crews install flexible rubber safety poles in the center of Highway 12. The work will start late this week or early next week and will take eight days.
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge Minneapolis http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
· The 5th Street pedestrian bridge over I-35W is open. However, the project is not complete.
I-94 Maple Grove (Drainage repair on ramp from Hemlock Lane to I-94 west)
· Watch for shoulder closures on the ramp from Hemlock Lane to I-94 west
Highway 169 and I-394 in Golden Valley
· The ramp from Highway 169 north to I-394 east is closed from 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7 to 4 a.m. Friday, Nov. 8 for guardrail repair.
· The ramp from I-394 east to Highway 169 north is closed from 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7 to 4 a.m. Friday, Nov. 8 for guardrail repair.
· I-394 east is reduced to one lane between Wirth Parkway and Penn Avenue from 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7 to 5 a.m. Friday, Nov. 8.
· The ramp from 11th Street to I-94 west is closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12.
· The left lane of I-94 east is closed between the Lowry Tunnel and LaSalle Avenue from 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 9.
Projects by other jurisdictions affecting MnDOT highways and ramps:
I-494 and Rockford Road bridge (City of Plymouth project) https://www.plymouthmn.gov/departments/public-works/project-spotlight/street-projects/county-road-9-bridge-over-i-494
· The Rockford Road bridge over I-494 is open to one lane in each direction until November.
· Watch for lane closures of I-494 overnight near the bridge.
I-494 / Highway 100 (Southwest Light rail) https://metrocouncil.org/transportation/projects/current-projects/southwest-lrt.aspx
· Highway 62 east is reduced to one lane from Shady Oak Road to Highway 212 until Nov. 9.
I-494 Bloomington/Richfield(Orange Line) https://www.metrotransit.org/metro-orange-line
· Update The ramp from I-35W south to I-494 west opened today.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement