This is an update for the I-35W@94 project. I have included some other projects in Hennepin County for those interested. We have some new and updated items. The I-35W weekend closure has not changed.
Please check www.511mn.org for real-time updates and the project web page. All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
About this weekend: I-35W will be closed in both directions from I-94 to Highway 280 for paving. The ramps are expected to start closing about 9 p.m. In addition, I-35W north between Highway 62 and I-94 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13 to noon, Saturday, Sept. 14. This will require an extended detour until noon Saturday on I-35W for those going north. The detour is below and on the web page.
I-35W Detour 10 p.m. Friday until noon Saturday: Highway 62 west to Highway 100 north to I-394 east to I-94 east to Highway 280 to I-35W north. (See attached map for this closure.)
I-35W detour from noon Saturday until 5 a.m. Monday: Highway 280 and I-94.
The ramps from Highway 55 west to I-94 west and to 3rd Street and Washington Avenue are also closed.
The weekend closure will close access between downtown Minneapolis and I-35W south. See attached map showing downtown access routes.
Here is the list with highlighted updates:
· Weekend closure I-35W is closed in both directions 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16 from I-94 to Hwy 280. I-35W north will be open at Washington Avenue.
· I-35W north is closed from Highway 62 to University Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13 to noon Saturday, Sept. 14.
· Weekend closure The ramp from Highway 55 west to 3rd Street and Washington Avenue is closed. From 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16.
· Weekend closure The ramp Highway 55 west to I-94 west is closed from 10 p.m. Friday , Sept. 13 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16.
· NEW The left lane of I-35W north and the right lane of I-35W south will be closed from 10 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12 to 5 a.m. Friday, Sept. 13.
· Updated The ramp from I-35W north to Lake Street/31st Street is closed 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13. (This was moved because of rain)
Please visit the web page for local Minneapolis street closures.
· New I-94 east is closed from 10 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24
· Updated The ramp from I-35W north to 3rd Street is closed from Sept. 25-30. (This had been scheduled for Sept. 9-14)
· The ramp from I-35W north to 3rd/4th/Washington is closed 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 30.
· I-35W North is closed at 10 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26 to 5 a.m. Friday, Sept 27
· I-3W South is closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27 to 5 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28.
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
· Watch for overnight lane closures of I-94 in both directions starting at 7 p.m. and ending at 5 a.m. eastbound and noon westbound between Maple Grove and Rogers. These are nightly Monday through Thursday.
· I-94 east is reduced to one lane along the median between Wright County Road 19 and Highway 241 in St. Michael 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through Nov. 1.
· I-94 west is reduced to one lane along the median or shoulder between Highway 241 in St. Michael and Wright County Road 19 in Albertville through Nov. 1, Monday through Fridays.
· Central Avenue bridge over Highway 12 Wayzata http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/
· The Central Avenue/County Road 101 bridge is closed until late October. See web page for detours.
· The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 south is closed through Oct. 25.
· The ramp from Highway 12 east to County Road 101 south is closed through Oct. 25.
I-35W Noise walls Bloomington http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/noisewallrepairs2018/
· Upcoming: Work will resume near 106th Street ramp in Bloomington in mid to late September. Work on all other noise walls on the project is complete.
I-94 Highway 280 to Western Ave. http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94-stpaul-resurfacing/
· I-94 east is closed between Highway 280 and I-35E 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 30
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge Minneapolis http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
· The 5th Street pedestrian bridge over I-35W is closed until mid-September.
· The ramp from I-35W north to 4th Street Southeast is closed from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12.
Highway 169 Bloomington
· NEW The left lane of Highway 169 is closed in both directions between Scott County Road 83 and Anderson Lakes Parkway in Eden Prairie from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily Sept. 16-19
Projects by other jurisdictions affecting MnDOT highways and ramps:
I-494 and Rockford Road bridge (City of Plymouth project) https://www.plymouthmn.gov/departments/public-works/project-spotlight/street-projects/county-road-9-bridge-over-i-494
· The Rockford Road bridge over I-494 is closed until late October.
· Watch for single and double lane closures of I-494 overnight.
I-494 / Highway 100 (Southwest Light rail) https://metrocouncil.org/transportation/projects/current-projects/southwest-lrt.aspx
· Watch for lane closures on Highway 100 in both directions from 10 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15 to to 5 a.m., Monday, Sept. 16 between I-394 and Excelsior Boulevard.
· The ramp from I-494 west to Highway 212 is closed through 7 a.m. Sept. 21.
I-494 Bloomington/Richfield(Orange Line) https://www.metrotransit.org/metro-orange-line
· NEW I-494 east is reduced to two lanes from 2-5 a.m. Friday, Sept. 13 at I-35W.
· NEW The ramp from Penn Avenue to I-494 east is closed from 10 p.m. Monday, Sept. 16 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17.
· I-494 is reduced to a single lane in both directions from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly between Penn Avenue and Lyndale Avenue through Saturday, Sept. 14
· I-494 is reduced to a single lane in both directions from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly between Penn Avenue and Lyndale Avenue Tuesday, through Saturday, Sept. 14.
· Update The ramp from I-35W south to I-494 west is closed Oct. 14-Nov. 4. (This was pushed back)
Please let me know if you have questions.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement