We have a short-notice directional closure tonight of I-35W between I-94 and Washington Avenue as crews finish some work from the weekend closure. The rain on Saturday created some issues. That same stretch will be reduced to a single lane this weekend (Aug. 16-19) for median work. Please give yourself extra time if you are going toward downtown Minneapolis this weekend.
Please check www.511mn.org for real-time updates and the project web page. All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
Here is the list with highlighted updates:
· NEW I-35W north is closed from 10 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14 between I-94 and Washington Avenue. Detour is I-94 to Highway 280.
· The ramp from Third Street to I-35W south is closed through Aug. 20.
· I-35W north is closed between Highway 62 and I-94 from 10 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 15 to 5 a.m. Friday, Aug. 16.
· I-35W is reduced to a single lane in both directions between I-94 and Washington Ave. from 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 19.
· NEW The 15th Street bridge in Minneapolis is scheduled to reopen Aug. 21.
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
(This is the temporary lane construction in the Maple Grove to Rogers leg of this project)
· Updated I-94 east will be reduced to two lanes between Highway 101 in Rogers and Weaver Lake Road in Maple Grove Sunday, through Nov. 1 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly. On Sundays, the lane closure starts at 8 p.m.
· Updated I-94 west is reduced to two lanes between Weaver Lake Road in Maple Grove and Highway 101 in Rogers Sunday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to noon through Nov. 1.
Highway 100 north ramp to 50th Street and Eden Avenue in Edina
· The ramp from Highway 100 north to 50th Street and Eden Avenue in is closed until Aug. 30. The detour is to take the Excelsior Blvd exit and cross the bridge to take Highway 100 south back to the 50th Street and Vernon exit.
France Ave Bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy62andfranceavebridge/
· The France Avenue bridge and all ramps to and from Highway 62 are open.
Central Avenue bridge over Highway 12 Wayzata http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/
· Highway 12 is closed in both directions at the Central Avenue bridge from 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 15 to 5 a.m. Friday, August 16. Motorists will be detoured up and down the ramps.
· The Central Avenue/County Road 101 bridge is closed until late October. See web page for detours.
· NEW The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 north is open.
· NEW The ramp from County Road 101 north to Highway 12 east is open.
· The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 south is closed through Oct. 25.
· The ramp from Highway 12 east to County Road 101 south is closed through Oct. 25.
Highway 62 Edina to Eden Prairie https://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy62/index.html
· NEW Highway 62 east is reduced to one lane from 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14 between Clearwater Drive and Shady Oak Road.
I-35W Noise walls Bloomington http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/noisewallrepairs2018/
· Upcoming: Work will resume near 106th Street ramp in Bloomington in September. Work on all other noise walls on the project is complete.
· No closures this week
I-94 Highway 280 to Western Ave. http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94-stpaul-resurfacing/
· I-94 east will be closed between Highway 280 and I-35E for two weekends in September.
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge Minneapolis http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
· The 5th Street pedestrian bridge over I-35W is closed until late August.
Projects by other jurisdictions affecting MnDOT highways and ramps:
I-494 and Rockford Road bridge (City of Plymouth project) https://www.plymouthmn.gov/departments/public-works/project-spotlight/street-projects/county-road-9-bridge-over-i-494
· NEW I-494 south will be reduced to one lane at the Rockford Road bridge from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 15 through Saturday, Aug. 17. All lanes open at 5 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17.
· NEW I-494 north will be reduced to one lane at the Rockford Road bridge from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday, Aug. 19 through Wednesday, Aug. 21.
· The Rockford Road bridge over I-494 is closed until late October
I-494 Eden Prairie (Southwest Light rail) https://metrocouncil.org/transportation/projects/current-projects/southwest-lrt.aspx
· NEW Highway 100 south is reduced to one lane from 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 15 to 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 16 between I-394 and Excelsior Boulevard.
· NEW Highway 100 south will be reduced to one lane from 7 p.m. Friday, Aug 16 to 6 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17 and 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug, 18 to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 19 between Excelsior Boulevard and I-394.
· The ramp from I-494 west to Highway 212 is closed from 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9 to 7 a.m. Sept. 21.
I-494 Bloomington/Richfield(Orange Line) https://www.metrotransit.org/metro-orange-line
· NEW I-494 is reduced to a single lane in both directions from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly between Penn Avenue and Lyndale Avenue through Friday, Aug. 16.
· NEW I-494 is reduced to a single lane in both directions from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly between Penn Avenue and Lyndale Avenue Monday, Aug. 19 through Friday, Aug. 23.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement