I have an update for MnDOT projects in Hennepin County. Work is continuing on I-35W @94 project but the contractor will not need any overnight closures.
We have some dates for an upcoming weekend closure on I-35W between I-94 and Highway 280. Ahern, Michaela <Michaela.Ahern@metrotransit.org>
The temporary lane work on I-94 east between Maple Grove and Rogers starts Sunday evening.
Please visit www.511mn.org for real-time updates. Visit the project web pages for more information and to sign up for project-specific email updates.
Here is the list with highlighted updates:
No closures this week.
· NEW I-35W is closed in both directions between I-94 and Highway 280 from 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9 to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 12.
· NEW The ramp from I-35W south to 11th Avenue is closed from Friday, Aug. 9 to Monday, Aug. 19.
· NEW I-35W is reduced to a single lane in both directions between I-94 and Highway 280 from 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 19.
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
Central Avenue bridge over Highway 12 Wayzata http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/
· New The right lane of Highway 12 east is closed at the bridge from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2
· The Central Avenue/County Road 101 bridge is closed until late October. See web page for detours.
· The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 north is closed July 2 through Aug. 12.
· The ramp from County Road 101 north to Highway 12 east is closed July 2 through Aug. 12
· The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 south is closed through Oct. 25.
· The ramp from Highway 12 east to County Road 101 south is closed through Oct. 25.
Highway 100 north ramp to 50th Street and Eden Avenue in Edina
· The ramp from Highway 100 north to 50th Street and Eden Avenue in is closed until Aug. 30. The detour is to take the Excelsior Blvd exit and cross the bridge to take Highway 100 south back to the 50th Street and Vernon exit.
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
(This is the temporary lane construction in the Maple Grove to Rogers leg of this project)
· I-94 east will be reduced to two lanes between Highway 101 in Rogers and Weaver Lake Road in Maple Grove Sunday, Aug. 4 to Thursday, Sept. 12 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly.
France Ave Bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy62andfranceavebridge/
· The France Avenue bridge is open.
· New Both directions of Highway 62 will be reduced to one lane between Xerxes Avenue and Valley View Road from 9 p.m. Wednesday, July 31 to 5 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 1.
· Updated The ramp from France Avenue to Highway 62 west remains closed until Monday, Aug. 12. The other ramps will be open.
· Watch for overnight lane closures of Highway 62 through Aug. 12.
I-94 Highway 280 to Western Ave. http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94-stpaul-resurfacing/
· I-94 east will be closed between Highway 280 and I-35E in September.
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
· New Two left lanes of I-35W south are closed between University Avenue and East Hennepin Avenue from 10 p.m. Tuesday, July 30 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 31.
· The 5th Street pedestrian bridge over I-35W is closed until late August.
Highway 7 Resurfacing
· Highway 7 is reduced to one lane in both directions 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly Tuesday, July 30 through Friday, Aug. 2 between Highway 25 and the Hennepin and Carver County line.
Highway 12 resurfacing Independence to Delano
· Highway 12 will be reduced to one lane with a flagger directing traffic nightly from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. at some point in August. This is to install rumble strips.
I-35W Noise walls Bloomington http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/noisewallrepairs2018/
· Upcoming: Work will resume near 106th Street ramp in Bloomington in September. Work on all other noise walls on the project is complete.
MnDOT maintenance and permits:
I-394 at Dunwoody Boulevard
· The right lane of I-394 east at Dunwoody Blvd is closed from 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1 to 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 2.
I-94 Brooklyn Park
· The right lane of I-94 west is closed between Zane Avenue and Brooklyn Boulevard from 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 31 to 5 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 1.
I-94 Cedar/Riverside Minneapolis
· The right lane and right shoulder of I-94 west is closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3 between Cedar Avenue and 25th Avenue.
· The right lane of I-94 east is closed between I-35W and Highway 55 from 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 30 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, July 31.
Highway 100 Edina
· The left lane of Highway 100 north is closed between 70th Street and Benton Avenue in Edina from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 30 and Wednesday, July 31.
Projects by other jurisdictions affecting MnDOT highways and ramps:
I-494 and Rockford Road bridge (City of Plymouth project) https://www.plymouthmn.gov/departments/public-works/project-spotlight/street-projects/county-road-9-bridge-over-i-494
· I-494 south will be reduced to one lane at the bridge 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through Saturday, Aug. 3
· NEW The left lane of I-494 north is closed at Rockford Road from 9 p.m. Wednesday, July 31 to 5 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 1.
· The Rockford Road bridge over I-494 is closed until late October.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement