Countywide warrant sweep
Tomorrow (Wednesday, December 20), deputies, and police officers from several area law enforcement agencies, will conduct a day-long, countywide warrant sweep.
Individuals with felony and gross misdemeanor warrants will be pursued, with a focus on warrants related to violent crime and parole violations. We are urging anyone with an outstanding warrant to turn themselves into authorities regardless of the offense. If you have an active warrant, you can turn yourself into the Sheriff’s Office or your local police department.
To determine if you have an active warrant:
- Visit the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office Central Records Unit at the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility, also known as the Hennepin County Jail or PSF. It’s located at 401 South 4th Avenue, Minneapolis, MN.
- The Central Records Unit office and the PSF are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Bring a photo ID. You may call Central Records to see if you have a warrant for your arrest at 612-348-2000. A warrant number and/or case number will be required to check for warrants. You cannot access information by phone when providing a name only.
To voluntarily turn yourself in:
- Individuals may turn themselves in to local law enforcement, or they may turn themselves in anytime at the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility.
- If turning yourself in at the Hennepin County PSF, notify the deputy at the front lobby that you would like to turn yourself in. You may be placed under arrest and detained in the jail.
- Continued detention will depend on bail amount, release conditions, your ability to post bail, and the court schedule.
- Bring government issued identification with you, and cash, if you plan on bailing yourself out.
How to provide tips
Tipsters are encouraged to contact the Sheriff’s Office with any information concerning the whereabouts of fugitives. For anonymous tips, you may choose from the following methods to submit tip information.
- Call: 1-888-988-TIPS (8477)
- Text: 847-411, start your text with “HCSOtip” then enter your tip
- App: Search “HCSOtip” to download the iPhone or Android app
- Online: http://www.HennepinSheriff.org, then fill-out the form
Enjoy the holidays (responsibly)
From all of us at the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office, we want to wish you happy holidays. If you are celebrating the holiday season with friends, family, or coworkers you can avoid some holiday stress by planning a sober ride.
Whether you’ll be out celebrating or you’re not interested in fighting traffic, there are several free and low-cost options available in Hennepin County. On New Years Eve, Metro Transit is offering free rides on all bus and light rail routes from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Thank you and have a wonderful holiday season!