This is an update of for the I-35W@94 project. I have included a few projects in Hennepin County that might be of interest.
All closures are weather permitting and subject to change. Please visit the project web page or www.511mn.org for real-time updates.
Thank you for sharing this information with your email lists.
· I-35W south is closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. between I-94 and Highway 62 both Wednesday, July 17 and Thursday, July 18 overnight.
· I-35W will be closed in both directions between I-94 and Highway 62 10 p.m. Tuesday, July 23 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 24.
· The access from I-35W north to downtown Minneapolis is closed from 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 24 to 5 a.m. July 25.
· I-94 east will be closed in both directions between I-394 and I-35W from 10 p.m. Friday, July 26 to 5 a.m. Saturday, July 27.
· Watch for two closures of I-35W in both directions in August between I-94 and Highway 280 for resurfacing and ramp work between Portland and Washington Avenues. It will not be during the State Fair. (See attached)
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
France Ave Bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy62andfranceavebridge/
· The France Avenue bridge is open.
· The ramp from France Avenue to Highway 62 west remains closed until Friday, Aug. 2. The other ramps will be open.
· Highway 62 in both directions is reduced to one lane from 9 p.m. Wednesday, July 17 to 5 a.m., Thursday, July 18 between Xerxes and Valley View Road.
· Watch for overnight lane closures of Highway 62 through July.
Central Avenue bridge over Highway 12 Wayzata http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/
· The Central Avenue/County Road 101 bridge is closed until late October. See web page for detours.
· The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 north is closed July 2 through Aug. 12.
· The ramp from County Road 101 north to Highway 12 east is closed July 2 through Aug. 12
· The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 south is closed through Oct. 25.
· The ramp from Highway 12 east to County Road 101 south is closed through Oct. 25.
Highway 12 resurfacing Independence to Delano
· Highway 12 will be reduced to one lane with a flagger directing traffic night from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting Sunday, July 21 between Hennepin County Road 90 and County Line Road.
Crews will be resurfacing Highway 12.
Highway 100 north ramp to 50th Street and Eden Avenue in Edina
· The ramp from Highway 100 north to 50th Street and Eden Avenue in Edina will close July 22 for 30 days.
I-35W Noise walls Bloomington http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/noisewallrepairs2018/
Upcoming: Work will resume near 106th Street ramp in Bloomington in September. Work on all other noise walls on the project is complete.
I-94 Highway 280 to Western Ave. http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94-stpaul-resurfacing/
Upcoming: I-94 east will be closed between Highway 280 and I-35E in September.
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
· The 5th Street pedestrian bridge over I-35W is closed until late August.
Highway 55 http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy55safetyimprovements2018/
No closures this week
MnDOT maintenance and permits:
Projects by other jurisdictions affecting MnDOT highways and ramps:
Brooklyn Blvd. at Highway 100 (City of Brooklyn Center project) http://www.cityofbrooklyncenter.org/index.aspx?NID=1190
· The ramp from Highway 100 to Brooklyn Boulevard is open.
Highway 55 (Hiawatha) to Lake Street ramp (City of Minneapolis project) http://www.minneapolismn.gov/cip/currentprojects/hiawatha-trail-gap
· The ramp from Highway 55 north to East Lake Street is closed until 3 p.m. Thursday, July 31.
Normandale Blvd/County Road 34 (Hennepin County)
Upcoming: Two weekend closures of this ramp. Dates will be announced.
I-494 and Rockford Road bridge (City of Plymouth project) https://www.plymouthmn.gov/departments/public-works/project-spotlight/street-projects/county-road-9-bridge-over-i-494
· I-494 north will be reduced to one lane at the bridge 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly starting Tuesday, July 16 to Saturday, Aug. 3
· The Rockford Road bridge over I-494 is closed until late October.
· The left lane and left turn lane at Cedar Avenue on I-94 east will be closed between Cedar and 25th Avenue South from 7 a.m. top 6 p.m. Saturday, July 20.
· The right lane and shoulder on I-94 west between 25th Avenue South and 20th Avenue South will be closed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, July 20.
· The ramp from 25th Avenue South to I-94 west will be closed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, July 20.
· The right lane of I-94 west between West Broadway and Highway 55 will be closed from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 17.
Events (events are open to the public)
8 a.m. to noon, Friday, July 19
Sabathani Community Center
319 E 38th St. Minneapolis
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Metro Communications and Engagement